EPIC is proud to support the West Plains Airport District and T-O Engineers on an important new transportation project for Airway Heights and Spokane: The West Plains Connection Projec. The Project, which creates a multi-modal corridor and improvements along U.S. Route 2, will help encourage economic growth and address transportation mobility and safety needs for the Cities of Airway Heights and Spokane by:
- Promoting land use development and job creation by providing access to underdeveloped commercial and housing properties north of U.S. Route 2.
- Help minimize traffic congestion and improve safety along U.S. Route 2 by increasing network diversity from Craig Road to Campus Drive.
- Work to maintain the expanding mission of the Air Force within our region by improving access options and travel efficiencies to and from Fairchild.
- Provide a commute and recreational multimodal corridor for both communities.
- Provide increased access to transit by improving route diversity, increasing the number of stops, and assisting Spokane Transit Authority maintain route schedules.
- Improve emergency response times for Airway Heights, Spokane, and Fire District 10 by reducing route congestion and increasing route choices.
For more information on this project, please visit https://www.westplainsconnection.com/