- Meet personally with affected property owners & explain why a property is needed for a project.
- Perform negotiations with property owners in good faith.
- Open escrow, coordinate escrow requirements, obtain necessary documents to convey title, deposit funds and close escrow.
- Provide Eminent Domain support to assist legal counsel in acquiring property for public purposes under the power of eminent domain.
- Prepare Relocation Plans to identify special issues and minimize adverse impacts of displacement.
- Provide timely notices to affected persons and businesses.
- Provide referrals and coordinate community resources and public services.
- Search for replacement sites and inspect replacement dwellings to determine if they meet decent, safe and sanitary replacement housing inspections as required by health and safety code standards.
- Provide additional relocation advisory services as may be necessary to minimize hardships and ensure that all persons displaced by the public project shall receive fair, uniform and equitable treatment.
- Determine eligibility, amount of relocation benefits and obtain moving cost estimates.
- Prepare claim forms for processing and payment.
- Administer acquisition and relocation services in a professional, sensitive manner in accordance with appropriate State, Federal and Local regulations.