Appraisal & Appraisal Review
Epic’s appraisal staff has an in depth knowledge and diverse experience, meeting and exceeding the needs of right of way services for any size project, as well as appraising properties for both public agency and private clientele.
The appraisal staff includes professional designated members of the Appraisal Institute and the International Right-of-Way Association. With over 30 years of experience, properties appraised include; single and multiple family residential units, large and small commercial office and retail buildings, and special purpose properties such as schools, churches, service stations, marinas, airports and rail corridors. Our staff also provides valuation and review work on open space and agricultural properties. Projects appraised for right of way include utility corridors, freeway improvements, street widenings, grade separations, and rail installations.
- Meeting and consultation with the client for a thorough understanding of the appraisal problem.
- Detailed inspection of the subject property.
- Investigation and research of any property issues and title services as needed.
- Strict compliance with the Uniform Standards of Professional Appraisal Practice (USPAP), Uniform Standards for Federal Land Acquisitions, Uniform Relocation Assistance and Real Property Acquisition Act, and Department of Transportation Manuals and Directives.
- Search and research of comparable market data as applicable and specific to the needs of the subject property valuation.
- Analysis employing the recognized valuation methods; The Sales Comparison Approach, Cost Approach, and Income Approach as applicable, in addition to utilizing other valuation techniques such as discounted cash flow analyses, across the fence, fractional interests, leasehold and leased fee, cost-to-cure, hypothetical valuations, and adaptive reuse studies.
- Preparation and delivery of professional appraisal reports on schedule and on budget.