Epic’s relationships with a variety of environmental assessment and remediation experts provide our clients with quality and cost-effective service.
Phase I – Assessment
- Due diligence and inquiry into the previous ownership and uses of property performed in accordance with ASTM Standard E-1527.
- Site reconnaissance; regulatory records review; site history search; and record preparation.
- Visually inspect properties, facilities and structures as well as adjacent properties.
- Identify potential sources of adverse environmental impacts such as underground storage tanks, aboveground storage tanks, stored drums, pipelines and land-filled materials.
- Check for the presence of previous on-site structures, identify past occupants and land uses to evaluate potential for chemicals at the site due to past activities.
- Interview current owners, business owners and employees, former employees, tenants and neighboring property owner and business owners.
Phase II – Investigation
- Sample soils to determine existence of contamination from past or present activities.
- Sample suspect building materials for contaminants as asbestos, lead and radon.
- Collect and analyze groundwater samples; Monitor ambient air quality
- Sample and identify potential hazardous wastes stored on-site.
- Liaise with State and Federal Regulations.
Phase III – Remediation
- Clean up contaminated site using the best method to remove or neutralize contamination.
- Involve oversight of state or federal agencies depending on the nature of the remediation.