Epic Land Solutions, Inc., is proud to celebrate 20 years of service to our growing community of clients. We have distinguished ourselves by delivering exceptional right of way services and conducting our business with utmost integrity. We attribute our success to a highly diverse, home-grown and recruited employee base, trained in the unique challenges found in our multiple regions, and united by a commitment to serve their communities in the interest of the public good. Their loyalty is evidenced by the fact that our personnel stay with Epic over the long term, and we anticipate this continuing for many years to come.
If you are a right of way professional and share our commitment to excellence, we want to hear from you. We listen and encourage our team members to bring their imagination and passion as we find solutions for our clients and our communities.
At Epic, we offer our employees more than a job, and our successful employees embrace our forward-thinking approach to right of way. Proprietary technical support and a solid business model at Epic encourage creativity and allow agents to design, build and find solutions that shape the future. We are currently working on a diverse range of projects that will challenge and inspire the right candidates.
Prior to completing the application below, please review all responsibilities and requirements expected for the position in which you are interested by clicking on the job position in blue below. Upon completion of the form, you will receive a confirmation e-mail including all of the information you have provided to us for your records.
NOTE: THIS APPLICATION FORM IS OPTIMIZED FOR GOOGLE CHROME. If you receive an error message when submitting your application, please check that your internet connection is stable and have completed all required fields.
Please use this position in your application if you are interested in working at EPIC and there is not an available position that seems to speak to your qualifications. We’d love to hear from you!
Epic Land Solutions, Inc. (“EPIC”) is searching for people with Oregon and/or Washington right of way experience to join its Portland/Tigard team. Bring your knowledge and negotiating skills, along with a passion for making a difference in your community to the best ROW team in Portland. With several offices in the western United States, EPIC is a consulting firm whose purpose is to acquire real property interests on behalf of public agencies to achieve the best outcome for communities and owners/dwellers.
Our successful agents thrive on change, as no two days are alike. They possess self-motivation, drive, enjoy problem solving and building relationships. Because of the fast pace, they are organized, know the value of keeping records current, and are expected to manage several assignments at once. They anticipate obstacles with composure and self-confidence and seek answers immediately. This is a profession that requires integrity above all, as EPIC employees are the face and voice of our clients.
We work hard and have high expectations for anyone who represents EPIC. A strong work ethic is a must, along with a positive attitude, strong communication skills, and team spirit. In return for a job well done with, you will be financially rewarded and encouraged to grow professionally.
Oregon and/or Washington Real Estate license preferred.
- Provide project support activities: contact property owners to arrange for inspection of affected properties, negotiate acquisition of easements and fee interest of real property or property rights, and inform property owners of their rights, applicable laws and regulations.
- Understand, produce and maintain correspondence records, various agreements, and other documents as requested.
- Review legal documents, maps, and plans with a basic understanding of content.
- Bring organization and attention to detail when scheduling, coordinating and managing projects.
- Participate in meetings with stakeholders, the public, and clients and coordinate with applicable federal, state and local agencies.
- Provide estimates of value.
- Superior English verbal and written skills and attention to detail.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Adobe, Outlook and Excel. SharePoint experience highly desirable.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of work.
- Must have interpersonal skills required to work within a team and be self-directed.
- Minimum two years completed college work or industry experience equivalent.
- Must be self-disciplined and motivated to perform tasks independently.
- Previous right of way experience highly desirable.
Our successful agents have training in one or more of the disciplines below:
- Real property transactions
- Title search – familiarity with the process of researching, ordering and reviewing title reports and appraisals
- Paralegal certification or work experience equivalent
The marginal functions of this position have not been included. This job description in no way implies that these are the only duties to be performed. Computer skills will be tested prior to hire, and a background check will be conducted upon written offer. Epic participates in E-Verify.
Benefits package for full-time employees includes Medical, Dental, Vision, Basic Life, FSA, paid holidays and 15 days of vacation/PTO. 401(k) plan participation with a company 4% match is available after 90 days of full-time employment.
At Epic we offer our employees more than a job, and our successful employees embrace our forward-thinking approach to ROW. Proprietary technical support and a solid business model at Epic encourages creativity and allows employees to design, build and find solutions that shape the future. We encourage internal advancement and see this position as an opportunity for career growth.
Epic is an equal opportunity employer, committed to providing a work environment free of harassment, discrimination, retaliation, and disrespectful or other unprofessional conduct based on sex , race, religion, color, gender (including gender identity and gender expression), national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, registered domestic partner status, age, sexual orientation, military and veteran status or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law or ordinance or regulation.